Sunday, November 20, 2005

Cosmopolitan

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Cosmopolitan
Pattern: Cosmopolitan, by Jo Sharp
Yarn: Jo Sharp Rare Comfort Infusion Mohair (blueberry)
Finished: November 20, 2005

After fiddling around with it for the last month or so, I've finally finished Cosmopolitan! I had to put her away for the summer because mohair and SW Ontario humidity do not mix! Then, once I got around to picking it up again, I finished the sleeves, then set it down. Then picked it up, and steam-blocked it. Then set it down. Then eventually sat down and picked up the roughly 274 sts around the neck/front edge and knit for two inches. It took me about two hours to pick up the stitches, an entire hour to knit that first super-tight row, then I knit the next 8 rows or so in about 40 minutes. Love that. The ties took no time at all, either, but the ENDS just about were my end. I need to get in on this knitting-in-the-ends thing. I don't mind the actual weaving in so much as the oppressed feeling of being done, but NOT done.

(out of the four or five pictures Mike took, I look goofy in all of them, so I just cropped off my face. I know you understand.)

No comments: